2/26/10

I HEarT cOcoNut CooKieS!!

I am so sad, I can't find Duncan Hines' Coconut Extreme cake mix anywhere! They used to sell it at our local grocery store, then they stopped carrying it and the only place I could get it was Walmart Supercenter. Now it is nowhere to be found. These cookies are awesome!! I made them once for my husband's bake-sale at school, and a lady came by and bought one. She was a little skeptical at first when he told her they were coconut. She walked away, took a bite, turned right around and bought two more. What a bake-sale success!! I thought I would give out the recipe so others can enjoy them if you can get your hands on one of the coveted cake mixes. If not, this recipe works great with any other type of cake mix, they are so quick and easy to make too!


Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
1 pkg. cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla


Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (either with an electric mixer or by hand). Roll into 1" balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 mins, or until cracks form on top. Frost with desired frosting.


I told ya these babies are easy. I like to make them if we are needing a treat in a hurry. We like to use the pre-made lemon frosting to frost the coconut cookies. Other variations that we have found to be especially delicious are yellow cake mix with strawberry frosting, and devil's food cake mix with cream cheese frosting. This recipe can be used to make homemade oreos by frosting the bottom of one baked cookie with cream cheese frosting, and placing a second cookie so the frosting is sandwiched between the two. Any questions please let me know in the comments. Happy cookie making!!

2 comments:

  1. I just made those for superbowl with chocolate cake mix and white frosting and they were nummy! I've never heard of coconut cake mix but wow does that sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate cake mix and white frosting sounds way good too, we will have to give it a try sometime!!

    ReplyDelete