1/24/10

Super Cool Quiet Book

A while back I saw the cutest Quiet Book on Homemade By Jill, I knew I just had to make one for my little Sweetie! So I got my supplies together and started sewing. A month later,  I almost have it finished. Trust me when I say this project isn't for the faint of heart. Luckily, Jill's blog was a lot of help, saving lots of time. In fact, most of the pages I did just like her (if it ain't broken, don't fix it).


The adorable back pocket pattern  I found on Made by Rae, I thought it added a fancy feminine touch. For the binding, I used Link-a-doos, I figured that way if she chewed on them, which is what I am pretty sure she will do, it would be okay. I also used a toggle from an old sweater for the closure.


 If you hopped over to Jill's site this page probably looks familiar. I just thought it was cute!
Same with this one...


This one I actually used a little of my own creativity, but not much though. The barn and the disappearing finger puppets (or maybe I just forgot to take a picture of them) are similar to Jill's. But I added the I Spy Silo. I thought it would be great to keep the little one and the daddy busy for a little while. Besides the little beads are kind of like grain. I'm sure all kinds of silos on farms have rhinos and large gems in them. I would hope mine would anyway.


Okay this is just a few pages, I've got more, but I am getting tired so I will add them soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment